The PEM1400 series of 12.95W Power over Ethernet (PoE) Powered Device (PD) power extraction modules have complete compliance with the standard power IEEE 802.3af Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) standard. They are designed to extract power from a CAT5 (or higher) Ethernet cable when supplied by IEEE802.3af compliant Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) Injectors, Midspans and Network Switches. Above all, the compact PEM1400 Series is one of the smallest high-power IEEE802.3af modules in the world.
The module features a highly efficient DC to DC converter and offers a low output Ripple / low output Noise Solution when compared to other PoE Extraction Modules. They also meet the IEEE 802.3af compliance for 1500 Volt isolation between the input and output. In addition, advanced frequency dithering greatly reduces EMI/EMC and interference issues that sometimes arise from fixed frequency switching circuits. In-built overload and output short-circuit protection ensure robustness in the field.
The PEM1400 Series PoE Modules requires minimal external components (It will require an external bridge rectifier) and pcb real estate.
PEM1400 Series PoE Module are available in three voltages in order to meet the requirements of different applications.
- Fully IEEE 802.3af compliant
- Stable efficiency even at high ambient
- Adjustable output voltage
- 12.95 watt output load
- On board PI filter for output ripple control
- RoHS compliant
- Wide input voltage (36V to 57V DC)
- Overload and short circuit protection
- Low output ripple and noise
- Full Power start up even from 36V input
- Minimal external components required
- Low cost
- 3.3V, 5V, 12V DC output voltage models
- 1500 Volt DC isolation (Input to Output)
- Frequency Dithering
- Compact dimension of 35mm x 14mm
- PEM1403, PEM1405, PEM1412