PRODUCT OVERVIEW 30W POE+ PD module
The PEM3200 series of 30W POE+ PD Module Power Over Ethernet Powered Device power extraction modules have complete compliance with the high power IEEE 802.3at Power-Over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+) standard. They are designed to extract power from CAT5 Ethernet cable when sourced by both IEEE 802.3at(POE+) and IEEE 802.3af (POE) compliant Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) Injectors, Midspans and Network Switches.
The PEM3200 features a compact size making it one of the smallest PD modules for 30W IEEE802.3at power. In addition, an inbuilt frequency dithering function it helps in reducing electromagnetic interference and harmonics. PEM3200 also provides the option for tuning the operating frequency (PEM3219 and PEM3224 only).
The series feature a highly efficient DC to DC converter. Furthermore they offer a very low output ripple / low output noise solution when compared to other PoE Extraction Modules. They also meet the IEEE 802.3af/at compliance for 1500 Volt isolation between the input and output. In addition, inbuilt in-rush current, overload and output short-circuit protection ensure robustness in the field.
The PEM3200 series is featured with Remote Shut Down option, which can be used in case the host board need to shut down PEM3200. This feature is helpful with host boards having auxiliary power supply.
The PEM3200 PoE PD Module series require minimal external components (It will require an external bridge rectifier) and PCB real estate.
PRODUCT FEATURES 30W POE+ PD module
- Fully IEEE® 802.3at and 802.3af compliant
- Up to 30Watt output load
- IEEE Power class 4
- High Efficiency DC to DC Converter
- Compact package and minimum PCB footprint
- Minimal external components required
- “AT Detect” pin for layer 2 classification
- Frequency Dithering
- Adjustable operating frequency
- 1500 Volt DC isolation (Input to Output)
- Overload protection
- Continuous short circuit protection
- Very low output ripple and noise
- 12V, 19V and 24V DC output voltage models
- Adjustable output voltage
- Support for external aux. power supply
- Cost effective
- RoHS compliant
- PEM3212, PEM3219, PEM3224
- Ag5300, Ag5324 compatible